Old August 14th 12, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Slickness is gone once the transmission fluid was replaced

On 08/13/2012 05:01 AM, AD wrote:
> I had the gearbox and rear diff fluid changed to BP 75w90 (synthetic).
> about 1.3 liter went into the rear diff and 2.7 was left for the
> manual
> gearbox.
>
> It feels not the same now. The slickness of shifts seems to be out
> and the rubbery feel of a subaru manual gearbox is in.
>
> It's also seems more difficult to get A4 into the second gear.
>
> I'm hallucinating or what? OEM VW transaxle oil is about $45 a quart
> (liter actually)
> around here and I'd rather not spend those $135 plus labor to get the
> shifting slick and seamless
> again.

What vehicle is this? A4 chassis VW or Audi A4?

In any case I can't speak directly to an 02A VW transaxle or whatever
the Audi uses, but I have had excellent luck with Redline MT-90 in 020
transaxles (and old Borg-Warner T10s as well, although that means
absolutely nothing relative to your query. The last one I used Heavy
Shockproof at the recommend of a drag racing friend, and it is a little
stiffer shifting but still eminently acceptable.) I've also heard that
Swepco works well but didn't have a local source for it when I had VWs
although now that I don't, I do

Currently running Redline Heavy Shockproof in the Jeep's axles, although
that doesn't really mean anything, but their D4 ATF seems to be working
great in the Jeep's Aisin-Warner AW4 transmission.

yeah, I pretty much have a very positive opinion of Redline products and
shift quality/feel...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.