Old June 1st 04, 06:54 PM
Ross

Default Tyre Advice, Please.

Hi All

I'm due 2 new tyres on the front of my 147 1.6 soon and would appreciate
some advice.

It's currently fitted with Goodyear Eagle NCT5's which give great grip and
feel but I'd like some more life (16K miles and down to 2mm) and they are a
bit noisy on a lot of surfaces.

I'm tempted to stick with them as they perform well and it'll mean not
mixing them with the rears. Plus I've driven later 147's with Firestone's
fitted and didn't like them at all.

My local tyre place has recommended Goodyear Hydragrip's as quieter,longer
life, and similar grip/feel, but I can't find much out about them.

I've had Pirelli P6000's on other cars and have liked them but found them
noisy.

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Regards
Ross