Old November 24th 05, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 1990 civic gas tank leak

E Meyer wrote:

> > The reason the fire department tells Honda to tell it's owner's to stop
> > overfilling the tank has just appeared on your driveway. YOu can get
> > owner's manuals from the wrecking yards, and Honda still has many of the
> > old ones available.
> >
> > If that fuel had gone down a sewer cap, the outcome could be very bad.
> >
> > Fuel is very cold when it comes out of the ground at the gas station,
> > but it expands a lot as it warms. That's why it's illegal to overfill
> > your tank. You're not a smoker, are you? :-(
> >
> > 'Curly'

> Illegal? where? Certainly not here in Texas.

Call your fire department and ask them.

In Alberta it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass jar, an antifreeze
bottle, a bucket, etc. The gas stations can get in BIG trouble if they
let you do it. Same thing if you jam you pager in the pump nozzle to
allow you to go wipe your windows while the tank is filling. (some
stations don't have the 'latch') I'm sure it is in texas too.

'Curly'