Old December 7th 08, 07:44 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_]

Default Import owners are to blame for the recession

"Marko" > wrote in message
s.com...

> "Cathy F." > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
>>> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
>>> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
>>> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
>>> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
>>> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
>>> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
>>> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

>> I say we buy what is the best, most economical, most intelligent buy.
>> The American automakers have screwed up time & again; they've become
>> mired in their own mud. Problem is... the mud's splattering.
>>
>> Cathy (aat)
>>

> On average Japanese cars cost more.

Cost more to buy? Cost more to maintain?

I've had two American cars which threatened to cost me my job because my
boss got tired of the excuses for me being late or absent. Maybe that cost
should be factored in.