Old October 27th 04, 09:55 PM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Steve Sears wrote:

>I've never done that test, and of course you know that propane can burn and
>blow stuff up, but it's a test others have used successfully.

Can't one just use startpilot? Startpilot is a spray which is useful
for carburator engines if they don't want to start. Spray it into the
air intake during turning of the engine. I suppose it's alcohol or
ethane.

Should provide the same result as it's made for that purpose, but it
could possibly be a bit safer than propane.

Don't know, however, what the english brandname is.

Regards

Wolfgang

--
1999 Audi A6 Avant TDI