Old June 22nd 04, 06:29 PM
Mike Smith

Tha Ghee wrote:

> "Mike Smith" > wrote in message
>
>>Tha Ghee wrote:

>>>no you're incorrect, the 2.8 is 15 degree

>>No, the *VR6* is 15 degrees. The *V6* is not. The 2.8L engine used in
>>the VW Passat and previous-gen Audi A4 and A6 is a 90-degree *V6*, not
>>the *VR6* used in the GTI. *Different engine*.
>>

>>>most are V-6s are 60 degree, the
>>>only ones are GM Ford, the big 3.

>>Um, given that they are the largest auto manufacturers in the world (not
>>just the US - the *world*), that would mean that *most* V6es are

> 90-degree.
>
>>>the 3.0 and 3.5 are 60 degree
>>>www.honda.com

>>That may be, but GM and Ford make *lots* more engines than Honda

> worldwide.
>
> if GM engines are so great way are they buying V-6s from Honda

Who said GM engines are great? Is this some tactic of yours, changing
the subject when the argument doesn't go your way? I never said GM
engines were great, I said they make 90-degree V6 engines. Period.

> if you add
> up all the 60s vs. 90 I think the 60s will number more.

Prove it. The #1 and #2 auto manufacturers in the world (GM and Ford)
make predominantly 90-degree V6es.

> also GM is starting
> to make more 60 and I-6s so I think that the 90 is not in vogue.

Again, don't change the subject. I never said that 90-degree V6es were
"in vogue". I said that more of them are made than 60-degree. Period.
Quit changing the subject.

--
Mike Smith