Old August 7th 05, 11:51 PM
Steve B.

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:51:18 -0500, Ryan Underwood
> wrote:

>My car is extremely mechanic friendly from the top for regular maintenance,
>but this other stuff is becoming quickly painful. Are all FWD cars like
>this or am I just lucky?

Man you just can't win on this one. Looking on the bright side at
least you have learned a heck of a lot during this experience. Most
of the problems you have run in to would have been run in to at a shop
as well. They might have been able to deal with them easier but it
still would have added to the repair bill.

There is at least a fighting chance that you can just loosen the oil
pan bolts and drop the pan down enough to clear the studs. Usually
when I replace an oil pan gasket I don't use RTV on it. I just use
enough to tack the gasket down in a few spots so it won't get out of
place while putting the pan back up. The manufacturer didn't use RTV
and it did not leak.

I can't offer any help on your other problem. Sorry

Steve B.