Old March 18th 05, 07:15 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

2.3Sleeper wrote:
> No, not a new show really, but it is my birthday.
>
> Now, we all know that when you post in here that it is your birthday, you
> are most likely looking for the obligatory "Happy Birthday". Not so the case
> this time...mostly. I am not getting Mustang related things this year.
> Believe me, I want headers, gears, new front bumper skirt, cobra ground
> effects, and a upper/lower intake combo, but I am happy with what I got.
>
> My first vacation. After 4 months of hard friggin' work, I got a 10 day
> vacation. Yeah, it helps that I own the company, but it was needed
> nonetheless.
>
> My wife and I plus the two oldest kids went to Texas to see my family. It is
> the first time I have been down there in 12 years. I have seen everyone of
> course, but never went down by myself. We spent last weekend down there and
> have been lounging ever since. Tonight we are going out for dinner and some
> good old fashioned beer and country music interlaced with some two-steppin'.
> We don't get out much having 4 small boys and one on the way (I would love
> to get off of the Stork's mailing list). So this will be a nice reprieve. I
> love the boys to death, but mommy and daddy need mommy and daddy time.
> Although, having 4 kids and one on the way makes it sound like we have had
> plenty of mommy and daddy time. As far as the rest of the world knows, my
> wife and I have had mommy and daddy time only 5 times in 7 years.
>
> TMI? Maybe, but oh well.
>
> I am happy at 30, knowing that I am another year closer to being in a home
> where only my wife and I live! HAHA. My brother was very depressed about
> turning 30 but I won't let that happen to me. I have all kinds of ideas in
> my head, I can work 20 hours a day still, and I can still keep the women...I
> mean womAn happy in bed. That was for my wife's benefit who reads all of my
> posts!!! So, I know I am still young, I feel young still, and I definitely
> think young. To all those about to get to their 30th, embrace it and keep
> living life right. 30 is damn good.
>
> Don Manning

There comes a point in everyone's life where they need to stop thinking
of how old you they and start thinking about how lucky they are to have
lived this long. That's now my attitude on every birthday since I
turned forty over four years ago and notice that every year there's more
people my age that I know personally that never got to live to their
next birthday or have had to deal with a life threatening illness.