Old May 21st 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 2.4 mis-fire

I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus, with a 2.4L. It has an intermittent
miss. I pulled the plugs, and checked the gap. They appear to be good.
However, I can see evidence of arcing between the tip and the plug
base.

How is it that the path of least resistance is around the plug, when
the gap and core still appear to be good?

I am going to replace the plugs to see if that helps. The manual
recommends wire replacement at 60,000 miles. I am about 12,000 miles
short of that.

-KM