Old May 14th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
hc23hc

Default gas over $4 is here! is $5 gas far behind ?

jcr > wrote:
> > From: hc23hc

> > Billions of Dollars in windfall profits every
> > week. That money is leaving the economy, as far as civilians are
> > concerned.
> >

> So where are the oil companies sending the money? To the moon?

Might as well be, as far as you're concerned. Thanks for the big
snip. If you'd read it first, I wouldn't need to explain this to
you. In fact, I'm not going to again, unless you pay in advance at
the pump.

Better than buying gas, though...

> The money is going to the owners, those who own shares of stock. Which
> means the money does return to the economy in terns of earnings.

No it isn't. None of it returns. It follows the same preferential
trails to the outer limits of the national economy, then evaporates
into subsidy form for the super-rich and so exits the gravitaitonal
pull of earthly money systems, to all intents and purposes. The
boardroom cast-members' problems are not the same as those of common,
ordinary stock-holders, nor those of automobilists.

Their profits are meteoric and monopolistically obtained. How they
behave once they have your money has nothing in common with mom-and-
pop business life.

..
..
..