Old October 13th 04, 04:05 AM
Dad

"Bob I" > wrote in message
> IIRC The rag that reported it was Motor Trend, but it was "GM" test
> personnel that took the duct taped, folded mirror C5 to 190 not 200.
>
> Dad wrote:
>> "Diode" > wrote in message
>> t...

Snip
>> One of the suckup auto rags wrote that the base C6 would go 186 miles per
>> hour. They then taped off the grill and moved the outside mirrors in
>> against the door and made the run again. How they did this with out
>> tweaking the electronics I don't know but it then broke the 200 miles per
>> hour mark. My guess is that is where you might see a difference in the
>> popup head light, at some bazaar speed or absurd accounting practice
>> about night driving versus daytime driving fuel economy.

Actually I read that in Corvette Fever Oct. 2004 page 20 but that and I
think that maybe the saga with Motor Trend was on a circular track. The one
I was referring to was a straight line run with a return to do it twice and
they only turned the mirrors back, not removed them. I don't think it was my
magazine so I can't confirm who did it.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51