Old September 5th 04, 03:50 AM
Empty3

"jameson" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi all...
> I have done something that is VERY unlike me...
>
> For months I have been shopping for the vette of my dreams (okay, a C5
> is the vette of my dreams, but I only had enough cash for a really
> nice C4... anyway).
>
> It is unlike me to up and sell my daily driver and have no plan as to
> how I am going to get to work and back home each day... people know me
> as a very coordinated person who plans each move of my life and when
> it comes to spending over $100, I think it over and re-rethink it over
> till I am blue in the face...
>
> Well, I sold my daily driver, and then had to really start vette
> looking hard.
> I had seen one on EBay that was EVERYTHING i was looking for (6 speed
> manual, red, coupe, painted top, etc). I blew it off because it was in
> Chicago and I am in Alabama... I was looking for something semi-local.
>
> Well, yesterday I was on ebay again and came across this baby. My
> budget was $12,000. It had 4 hours to go, and was at $9,600. I gritted
> my teeth and bid.
>
> 3 hours later, I was out bid, so I re-gritted my teeth and bid again.
> I won... and was shaking for about 2 hours after that. Spoke with the
> seller over the phone several times, has over 100 feedbacks, all
> possitive...I feel good about the purchase.
>
> So, 2 questions for you pros; It is a 1992, with 85,000 miles on it,
> clean car fax. What sort of basic problems should I expect to run into
> (Clutch was replaced a month ago. One owner car)
>
> Question number 2; I am having it delivered. For about $450. My main
> concern is this: If I pay the guy for the car and then have it
> shipped, and something crazy happens like the truck flips and my
> vetter is ruined, do these shipping companies have insurance to cover
> stuff like that and I would get every dime back that I had paid for
> the vette? Or is it Reciever Beware?
>
> Thanks all! Looking forward to many years of being a vette owner!
> James...

Congrats!! You've come to the right place for expert advise and wisecracks
once in a while (hell, we all need
them). You lucked out, I got a 90 Vette with 116K and in good condition for
8k. As for basic problems, try the
battery, perhaps weather stripping, the radiator, and basic tune ups (what I
expereienced on mine). the key is to
look at the upside, you are driving a Vette! America's muscle machine!!!