Old December 24th 13, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Chris Hiebert

Default Drilling out sump plate holes ACCURATELY

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:20:35 AM UTC-6, Chris Hiebert wrote:

John, that seems like a really good idea! Just thinking about it, though, since I'm trying to drill the case holes bigger that would mean I'd end up drilling the plate holes bigger too, which maybe isn't what I want.

Rob, I like the look of that tool set. I've heard a lot of talk of Timeserts in the same circles as Helicoils, and people seem to be going more with Timeserts.

Thanks guys, both of you have given me some new ideas and roads to explore.