Old October 26th 07, 03:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ACAR

Default Thought about returning in a c5

On Oct 25, 5:53 pm, "name" > wrote:

> i've read about the mid-engine vette in a magazine...i've seriously
> considered the pros/cons...and i say, corvette should stick with it's
> front-engine design placement

If mid-engined is the way Corvette has to go in order to shed weight -
then so be it.
Ever increasing HP is gonna send insurance rates even higher. Corvette
has to find another way to boost performance.
A mid-engined platform should also allow for an AWD option. I'd
certainly go for that!

Traditionalists will have the new Camaro by the time the C7 comes out.