Old July 29th 07, 06:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default 5 Colour Flip Paint

PeterMcC > wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-GTV...ip-Paint-1998_
> W0QQitemZ110154083623QQihZ001QQcategoryZ9834QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem
>
> "A real head-turner..."
>
> Presumably, people saying, "Who the f*sk thought that was a good idea?"

That looks as though it has been very well done by a professional.
Doesn't look *too* bad.

It's a Nissan colour - chromaflair, as I recall - first saw it on a
Micra at the motor show about 8 years ago. Also saw a Primera GT in it
on Saturday.

You see some really tragic examples of that paint - aside from the usual
Novas, painted on someone's drive, which they never get right - they
always turn out matt, 'cos they can't get the laquer on properly -
there's a BMW Z3 around here in that paint - someone obviously paid to
have it done, but they didn't get the colour to 'flow', so the
horizontal and vertical surfaces look distinctly different colours,
rather than blended, IYSWIM.

<looks again>

I quite like it, actually.

Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #