Old September 8th 04, 03:04 PM
dreas

"Ad absurdum per aspera" > wrote in message
om...
> > I wasn't even aware that the Fury was built much after the 70s.

> The name was in use almost to the end of the 80s. They called it the
> "Gran Fury"; along with the very similar Dodge Diplomat it was one of
> the stereotypical squad cars of the decade. See for instance
> http://www.allpar.com/model/fury.html

I have one of these, an '87, and as a primary car it's just the right size
with excellent visibility in all directions. It says 'Caravelle' on the
trunk
lid, but it's RWD and has a 318...

> Unless it is truly in little old lady/church/etc. condition or has
> some special (and documentable) provenance, the cash value and
> collector interest of that last generation would be modest. They're
> decent enough grocery-getters if you get a good example.

I find mine to be a much better car than any of the K-car based
models being produced at the same time, and it would be very hard
to convince me to trade it in for anything else. I prefer it to the '95
Crown Vic taxi that I drive daily, and I doubt that such a no-nonsense
car will ever be built again...

It was also cheap.

-'dreas