Old December 17th 05, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default The Positive Side of Sloth

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:22:12 +0000 (UTC), (Kenneth
Crudup) wrote:

>'5 South of the populated area of the OC is almost all 100MPH (in the
>nearly-empty right lane, 'cause the rest of the Californians are all
>riding mostly as left as they can go).

Yeah, that's my favorite stretch. It's mostly Camp Pendleton, so there
are few on-ramps (== no entering/exiting traffic) and, like you said,
the morons are all in the lower-numbered lanes, leaving the right lane
wide open except for the occasional Trucker. The right lane is also
the fastest lane through the Border Patrol checkpoint.