Old December 22nd 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Snow[_2_]

Default Car Will Not Start

On Dec 21, 4:38*pm, navaidstech > wrote:
> On Dec 21, 5:24*pm, Snow > wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > I have a Saturn 01 sl2 that will *not start it will crank but will not
> > turn over I don't know if its because it 30 below today or what. Heres
> > the problem: *Car would not start tried to Jump start the car. Car
> > would not take the jump. So decide to change the battery, still
> > noting, checked the oil which was VERY low put 4 quarts of oil in the
> > engine nothing. I think its the altnerator but *I don't know. Also I
> > was leaking Coolent but it has now stoped and now Im leaking
> > transmission fuild. Can your car not start because of no transmission
> > fuild? Please Help!!!!!!!!

> > Thanks in advance!

> Oh man, sounds like you need a new car.
> Have you checked to make sure you got gas? Is the fuel pump working ?
> You should hear a soft whirrrrrrrrr sound coming from the rear of the
> vehicle just as you turn your key to battery position (one notch
> before crank). The sound will go for a second or so and then stop. If
> you don't hear it - it's your pump.
> Could be that your gas line froze as well (30 below, yikes!)
> If the car doesn't start when jumped, this tells me that it's not your
> alternator.
>
> Anyway, bottom line is to make sure gas making its way to the
> engine...

OK, So today I added a bottle of ISO HEET and some gas previously was
at 1/4 tank now at 1/2 , replaced the battery, .........still
nothing .... sprayed starter spray in the carb. still nothing I don't
think the engine seizes because it would just click instead of faking
like it wants to turn over..(actually had that happen before)...so I'm
like out of ideas. ..also when trying to crank if after the 5 try
the battery is drain and needs to be recharged new and old one.....

Thanks to all who replied..