Old September 30th 17, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
michael

Default headgasket replacement 2nd time in a week

i have a 2006, I got it with 104.000 on it over a year ago.now it has 146.000
on it. I started to see oil in the coolant res about 3 months back was
thinking oil cooler but it wasn't, then the only thing is the head gasket and
then yes it blew about a month back. I've replaced head gaskets resurfaced
heads myself, the new gaskets were 3-tier metal but separated when received
and I questioned whether I should use them or not. I've replaced ovr 10 head
gaskets and have never seen them separated like the new ones. A couple friends
looked at them and thought they looked good. I reassembled the motor, and it
ran like a new motor, even better than when I bought it. I didn't get too
excited right away since I wanted to allow a week, & after 5 days, the gasket
blew again, so I pulled the heads again when I un-torqued one of the heads,
the bolts were not as tight as when I first torqued them down. I didn't
re-torque the heads after starting the engine the first time after install and
once engine cooled down. Could this cause the gaskets to blow again?? I dont
know but I'm going to blow it myself if it happens again! I will be sending
the heads this time out to be pressure tested & resurfaced and hoping they
find a crack or something because I have no idea what else it can be. I Need
Help, Suggestions, or if Anyone has had this experience, Please reply...

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...eek-72279-.htm