Old July 21st 08, 04:16 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Pete[_10_]

Default Got rid of the run flats.

"joe_tide" wrote
> Pete,
>
> You may want to consider keeping the summer tires and getting
> dedicated winer tires and wheels for, well, winter.
>
> When I swithed out the all seasons for winter tires in my E46 it made
> a world of difference. About the only thing that stopped me was when I
> started plowing snow.

I realize all-seasons aren't as good as dedicated summer/winter sets,
but I have no place to store a second set of rims/tires at the moment.
The summer tires that I have are on their last legs and they howl
painfully, so they need to be replaced anyway. I live 2 miles away from
work, so if the weather is really bad during winter, I will just take
the bus to work - I do that half the time anyway.

Cheers,
Pete