Old June 18th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 94 Jetta III - Transmission Fluid/Oil Level

> Tried some PB blaster last night as well. Would you recommend finding a
> socket 17mm Allen and a breaker bar? With the Sears allen I don't seem to

Yes, that's what I use. Funny enough, I filled my trans with Redline
MTL and then two years later decided to check the level -- I had to use
the breaker bar again and I about gave myself a hernia doing it! I know
I didn't put it in *that* tight.

> check) so I don't want to strip it. Any suggestions? On my VR6 I think my
> speedo is at the back of the trans near the manifold downpipe - the Bentley
> doesn't show it - is this correct?

I guess the speedo hole works, I just used the level-check-hole and
some tubing to fill though. One thing I suggest is filling, driving
around the block to work any bubbles out, then checking and topping off
as needed.

I really like the Redline. Seems to shift easier on those cold winter
days. It helped my 2nd gear "crunch" in my Fox too, a little bit. Still
crunches sometimes but not as bad.