Old November 18th 05, 07:56 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

Default Honda "Drive by Wire" question... what if the power goes out?

"C. E. White" > wrote in message news:Rtpff.1725 And
if you want reliability in a
> boat, a diesel seems like the way to go.
>
> Ed

I think this is pretty much true... Our survival craft in the North Sea had
diesel engines in the early
days. 'In theory' they would start without batteries, no ignition to
degrade, etc.

I see no real need for the system described here as drive by wire. It would
seem to add a layer
of complexity, and therefore potential failure, without offering any obvious
advantage.