Old April 20th 05, 02:32 AM
JG

"r2p2c2" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> my wipers just turn on by themselves. i pulled every fuse to shut them off
> but but nothing works. my mechanic is on vacation. anyone else encounter
> this

The 99 Vette that I'm buying in a week is (or was) doing the same thing. The
current owner took it to the shop yesterday. The problem though is that the
wipers are no longer doing it. He said the mechanic was still looking into
it. It started doing it a few weeks back. I recall a few ago back having to
take my 95 Blazer in for a recall to seal the wiper motor. I talked to the
mechanic and he said that one some wiper motors moisture was getting in it
and onto the circuit board causing the wipers to come on by themselves. If
you experienced the problem they R2 the wiper motor. If you didn't they took
some RTV and put a bead around the motor flange. The car is now in the
panhandle of FLA and I'll be driving it back home to Las Vegas the week
after next. I was hoping there would be a wiper fuse just in case it came on
but I couldn't find one on my friends 04.