Old July 11th 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RM V2.0

Default Sign on for "Progessive Insurance's" Big-Brother ride-along

"RichA" > wrote in message
> Yes, all you have to do to get that mythical 30% redux in car
> insurance costs is ride with a little Progressive data recorder in
> your car. It will measure and report, all aspects of your driving.
> P.S.,you won't get any major reduction. P.P.S., they WILL use the
> data (and share it) if you deviate from any kind of conformist driving
> habits. Read the six or seven "fine print" sections scattered in
> their website.
> How long (it'll happen in Europe and Canada first) before insurance
> companies mandate this?

I got a 28% reduction by putting it in my 4wd I rarely drive. It only
registered hard stops and after 30 days they asked for it back. I still have
the discount. Not everything is a conspiracy. i have it in my daily driver
as well and am getting a 22% discount on that vehicle. It was in that one 90
days.