Old February 9th 12, 02:21 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jens[_2_]

Default Id Audi A6 1996 2.6 (2.8) V6

"AD" > wrote in message
On Feb 3, 1:42 pm, "Jens" > wrote:
> Hi
>
> My car some times has an idling problem when cold (<0 deg cel).
>
> The engine rev's goes up and down when idleling (500 - 2000 revs) and the
> climate system thinks that the engine is hot so it puts the blower on full
> speed in order to heat up the cabin.
>
> This tells me that a temperature sensor is malfunctioning which confuses
> both the climate system and the engine control unit.
>
> The temperature guage in the instrument does NOT show a hot motor so there
> must be a second sensor some where.
>
> Where is this sensor located?
>
> Rgds
> Jens

given that the NG is semi-dead (not necessarily a bad thing IMHO)
you might try your luck posting to a wider interest group such as
rec.autos.tech

that or, considering the age of the car, invest in a Bentley manual
(it costs around a quid on amazon)
bentley does not cover diesels i think. is this a petrol or a diesel
car?

Its petrol.

I try the NG you suggest.

/Jens