Old July 11th 18, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
micky

Default Difficult starting

In rec.autos.tech, on 29 May 2018 09:50:24 -0400,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>Ivan Vegvary > wrote:
>>2008 Kia Rondo, V6
>>Starts in an instant EXCEPT when at gas station for a fill up. Takes over 30 seconds of cranking, stalls 2-3 times and runs crappy for about one minute.
>>Very repeatable.

>Is there a smell of gas in the back seat or trunk?
>
>>Is the gas cap part of the computer system?

>No, but the tank venting system is controlled by the computer system and
>this sure sounds like a problem with the tank venting.
>--scott

I saw on a TV court case where a shop told a Volvo owner that his loose
gas cap had cause his something something pump to run all the time and
that caused it to burn out and set the check engine light.

By the time I got to the conputer, I forgot what the first two words
were.

Do you or does anyone here know the things full name?

Does this sound believable. He said the pump was meant to increase or
maybe equalize air pressure in the gas tank.