Old February 8th 16, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default GM 2.8L V6 Engine Problem

> wrote:
>I own a 1991 chevy s10 2wd pick up. It has a 60 degree 2.8L v6 it drinking coolant but in not pushing out the overflow and it's not showing a milk oil mixture if you could help me into the right direction I'd appreciate it.

White smoke out the tailpipe?

If you pull the plugs, do they all look about the same or is one nice and
clean?

Water is going somewhere... either it is leaking on the ground or it's going
into the oil or it's going into the cylinders. You've ruled out one of the
three. Now you're looking either for a leak into the air or into the
cylinder.

A pressure-test will tell you for sure what is going on, but if you're seeing
one very clean sparkplug you won't have to go that far, even.
--scott