Old March 20th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 2003 Pilot EGR P0401

wrote in news:1174426235.648372.211370
@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> Of course it always a day late.
>
> My 2003 Pilot is giving an EGR failure. We found out about the 80,000
> warranty but I am at 82,500 and the dealership/Honda says sorry, we
> will fix it for a price ($300).

EGR is not covered by the 80K federal warranty, only by your car's
drivetrain warranty. Some people with good relationships with their dealer
are getting the fix for free even though the car is out of warranty.

> I have seen lot of discussion about the older Accords and one comment
> about the Pilot should not have the same problems as the ports were
> enlarged. I do know that a TSB was published in 2005 on the Pilot and
> the EGR but I do not know what it says.
>
> Does anyone have the TSB so that I can correct this error.

Go he
http://search.ebscohost.com/

Login with
username: lib
password: access

Choose Auto Repair Reference Center from menu at left.

Navigate to your car, then to the "Emissions Controls/Vacuum Hoses"
section.

This is a long TSB covering several models with this problem, so make
certain you follow the portions relevant to your vehicle.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/