Old August 4th 05, 04:00 AM
Henry

"Professor" > ????
oups.com...
> Sounds like the typical noise a bad bushing makes... a groan/creak.
>
> Professor
> www.telstar-electronics.com

Thank you for your help. I found an article which is a proof of your
opinion.

" Honda
Rear suspension noise. Some 2001-02 Civics and 2003 Civic Hybrids can give
off an annoying squeak from the rear of the car when driven at slow speeds
or over speed bumps. According to Honda, one likely cause of the noise is
deterioration in the lower front bushing of the rear suspension knuckle(s).
A revised, more durable bushing (Part No. 52365-S5A-502) is now available to
address the concern.

To determine if the updated bushing will do any good, try duplicating the
problem in the shop by bouncing the rear of the car up and down several
times. If the squeak becomes more noticeable, get the vehicle on a lift and
remove the wheels. Then head for the front attachment bracket of the right
rear knuckle and check the condition of the bushing. The rubber should be
flush with and covering the metal stop ring. If it is, look elsewhere for
the problem. If the rubber is bulging out or overhangs the ring, you've got
metal-to-metal contact between the ring and the attachment bracket, which is
responsible for the noise. Install the new bushing with confidence, then
repeat the diagnostic exercise on the left side of the car."

Later on, I found I made a mistake. Actually, it is the front suspesion that
is making niose. The niose does not happen continuously. It is not loud
either. I callled dealer to try to get some opinion. It turned out that they
only want me to leave the car to their mechanics.
I decided to wait some time until the noise is at least continuous. I doubt
that the mechanics can not find the problem under this circumstance. I hope
I am right.

Thanks again.

Henry