Old July 12th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default Need Pros and Cons of a fiberglass tub for 65' CJ5

I used 1/4" steel plates under my tub to pick up both the frame mount
and the 'roll' bar plate as well as the seat belt anchor so they are
frame mounted. I intend to anchor the rear of the roll bar to the rear
frame I made under the fenders that anchors tot he mounts for my spare
tire bracket when I do the next restore. Frame swap next....

I cracked a door post below one windshield bracket, but I don't think
that was a design defect. I think that I was on the losing end of an
argument with a tree for that one.... Maybe many trees as my CB antenna
on the mirror on that side and the mirror catch lots of branches.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...