Old July 12th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_468_]

Default Need Pros and Cons of a fiberglass tub for 65' CJ5

Hi Larry,
You have to make struts to hold your roll bar, to give it the same
strength as a steel tub. Mike Romain, here had to reinforce the windshield
brackets. But it sure look nice when it's finished:
http://www.billhughes.com/zakocs/caldwell/
http://www.saturdaybang.com/jeep/
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

"Larry W" > wrote in message
> I'm in the process of restoring my 65' CJ5 plow vehicle. The drive train

and
> frame are very good but the body tub was so bad I just cut it up and took

it to
> the dump. For cost reasons, I'm leaning towards a fiberglass tub through
> quadratec.com (they are close enough that I can pick it up and save

shipping).

> Can anyone give me some tips on the amount of work is involved in fitting

> glass tub. I would love to get a steel tub but don't know if I can justify

the