Old June 18th 09, 08:46 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default belt routing 1999 528i M52TU ?

"kjb" > wrote in message
news
> Hi all,
> I'm in quick need of belt routing diagram. Can anyone help please?
> Thanks

I did a Google search when I needed one.

You can do it by following a si8mple rule though, any pulley that is smooth
will contact the outside surface of the belt, any pulley that is ribbed
contacts the inside. When you come off of the crank, your inclination is to
go straight up to the waterpump, and this is where you get screwed up.

Come off of the crank on the passenger side (USA models), but wrap around
the top of the crank and go over to the spring loaded idler pulley, then
wrap around that pulley and go back to the water pump. The rest of the belt
can only fit one way if you observe the rules about ribbed and smooth
pullies.