Old September 12th 05, 08:41 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Arto Wikla" > wrote in message
news:wikla.1126545798@wrl-55...
>I have a strange framerate problem in rFactor:
> Generally everything is very smooth, but every now and then
> it becomes nearly a slide show, perhaps about 2-3 times during
> one lap.
>
> I have tried different resolutions and different amounts of
> details - both nearly from top to minimum. These changes seem
> not to have any effect to the problem! Quite strange! Is this
> a commonly known problem? Any advice?
>
> My system is:
>
> Radeon 9600 XT-4
> driver version 6.14.10.6414
>
> Intel Pentium 4 3.20GHz
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Arto
> --

Try changing the shaders to something other than you currently use. I know
with my system (high low-ended, I guess) I use DX7 for shaders for the best
performance. You might also check for background programs running,
especially virus programs. Try and empty out all unnecessary programs,
using maybe EnditAll 2, and then bring them back one by one, if the problem
was solved through emptying. Also, fiddle a bit with the sound and try
turning vsync on or off, etc.

You could also try different video drivers. I know I have a nVidia 5700
card and the best drivers for me are the 78.03s.

Alanb