Old November 2nd 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB (new development)

Mario Petrinovic:
> Ok, I am abandoning the idea of low Spring setting. I am back with
> Spring and Damper at 100%. I tested all the low settings, and Centering
> Spring is 15% (on my system) with Spring and Damper at 100%. I'll test
> higher numbers as well (for now I tested Centering Spring 0-22%). I am
> using Overall at 118%.

Ok, having low Centering Spring is also wrong. It looks like the
tension between Spring (S) and Centering Spring (CS) balances forces
(because of lag, I presume). With Spring and Damper at 100% I have balanced
forces with CS at something like 125% and something like 80%. With 125% CS
is 25% higher than S. With 80% S is 25% higher than CS. I still have a lot
to test (I am a working man, so don't have enough time), but I would really
like to see what effect would be if I replace the CS value with S value.
Also, the difference of Damper and Spring also creates tension, so
locking Damper to 75% dfinitely wasn't a good idea (this only created even
more confusion). Also, some other values create quazi balance (like CS at
15%, which I mentioned in previous post). But at the end it will be CS
either at 125%, or 80% (peobably 125%, but first I must test thoroughly all
combinations, just to be sure what is right).

Mario