Old August 1st 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

Default 10% Ethanol Gas Causing Poor Performance?

"Dennis" > wrote in message
>Ok, I give up.... I will not give up on the little bits of first hand
>knowledge I have like the blends I've made in my garage with E85 and
>regular gas and how it runs. In the past two years I have driven over
>60,000 miles on E85 and almost that much on E10 and the various
>blends. I will continue with what I know and what I learn. In 1963 I
>got my drivers lic. and took the test in my 57' oval and I've never
>lost my love for my vw's and cars in general. I will not bother you
>guys again since you seem to have much more knowledge and experience
>that I could ever absorb. Have a great time and thanks for the laughs
>and knowledge shared. Even though I have no plans to post here again,
>I do respect your opinions and what you have read. Dennis

that's just plain ole sad, Dennis... no one discounts your "experiences", as
we can't tell you what you experienced..... but that is exactly what you
implied in your post to me, that my experience was wrong... we only stated
that your information was incorrect... as a matter of fact, your "facts"
were not wrong, but your interpretation of them was... I assume it was just
because you didn't realize the octane rating...

now... personally i think the "i'm mad, so i'll take my ball and go home"
routine is overly done and a real bitch move... but that is up to you...
you've been here at RAMVA for years, to tuck your tale and run because you
were questioned over a little misinformation is bull****... but have at
it...