Old August 3rd 12, 10:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default I found the right FFB settings

Andrew MacPherson:
Mario Petrinovic:
> The FFB puzzle is solved

I'm going to put real money on the probability that it isn't. :-)

I am afraid you didn't understand what I wrote. I'll cap important
words, so that it'll be easier.
THE PROBLEM in iRacing's FFB was UNLINEARITY. It is SIMPLE sentance,
try to repeat it few times if you have problem to understand it. See, I
DIDN'T do anything, it is iRacing themselves that they did a SIMPLE thing,
made the FFB *RIGHT*, as it SHOULD be made in the FIRST place, nothing more,
and nothing less.
One would EXPECT that the company that wants to make things
REALISTIC *would* have LINEAR FFB. If, for some reason, they would want to
MESS with the FFB by making it unlinear, they would STILL have to *leave*
the OPTION for having a linear FFB for the ones who *want* to have REALISTIC
FFB.
If they don't have the linear FFB, and they HEAR about somebody who
has a problem with the ballance of FFB (and they themselves KNOW very well
that FFB is UNBALLANCED), the last thing they would do is to expel this very
person from their forums BECAUSE he wrote about unballanced FFB. Instead,
they would allow a linear FFB in their very next build, and see if this
solve the problem for anyone who complains about unballanced FFB. Simple as
that. This behaving would be LOGICAL, intelligent, and on its place. What
they did? They made FFB unlinear, told nobody about it, a person who
complained about it expeled from their forums, and left this state for 4
years.
I mean, if they didn't do that NOW, I would, in a search for a
REALISTIC SIMULATION, spend whole my life (the little what was left of it).
Yes, I was thinking about trying other simulations at this time, and what if
some of the other simulations have a little more SENSE, and put REALISTIC
FFB in their simulation? And iRacing would insist that their UNLINEAR FFB is
just the right one.
Lol, WHAT A JOKE.
Now you have all those PROFESSIONAL drivers, who are trying to learn
a new track, by driving on a laser scanned track in iRacing, who aren't able
to complete a single lap on that track unless they put FFB to 0, or, if they
really are BRAVE enough, even to 1 (out of 100 of strength, lol), and drive
on that laser scanned track like on ice, WITHOUT THE REAL FFB, and tell
everybody about it. Hey, they DON'T want to win iRacing's championship, they
want to win REAL LIFE champinoship. So they need REAL FFB, just to drive
around and get used to the scenary of the track, nothing else. But they
CANNOT do the SIMPLE driving around, BECAUSE FFB is all MESSED up. And,
what's more, iRacing did this messing up ON PURPOSE, and expeled me, for
writing about it, and for trying to BALLANCE the FFB, from their forums.
Jesus Christ.