Old April 24th 10, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

Default New Miata (er, MX-5)

On 2010-04-23, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article >,
> Grant Edwards > wrote:
>
>> Back in my pre-miata days I
>> drove an Alfa spyder, and it had about 12" of cargo space behind the
>> seats (space that went all the way to the floor). It was just right
>> for a couple sets of golf clubs. I still sort of miss having that
>> storage space.

> Betcha don't miss 30k miles between valve jobs...

Never had to have a valve job. Though I did have to have the clutch
rebuilt, the differential rebuilt, the 2nd gear snycro was pretty much
gone, it needed a ring job (it was running on 3 cyinders when I traded
it in), and I had to disconnect the 5th injector (the one in the
throttle-body) to keep it from flooding when starting.

And I had the "reliable" version after they switch to the Bosch
injection/ignition/engine-control system.

The solid rear axle wasn't a plus in bumpy corners either.

But, it was a Pinin Farina design. That almost made everything worth
while.

--
Grant