Old January 22nd 08, 02:21 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

Default 2.7T Gas Mileage

On Jan 21, 5:12 pm, "Ken K" > wrote:
> I am a recent owner of a 03 2.7T and am getting about 18 mpg. I am running
> premium gas and most of the driving is highway. The computer claims I am
> getting an average of 21.6. Does this sound right? If not, what can I do to
> improve the mileage?
> Thanks, K

Well, that's a little below the EPA estimates of 18/25, but, of
course, that's the old estimate that doesn't reflect real-world
driving like using the climate control, headlights, etc. Any codes
stored in the car? You can get that checked at Autozone for free.
Might not be a bad idea to make sure there is nothing going on that
might not be generating a CEL. I'm not sure how the computer
calculates the mileage but the old 'divide the elapsed mileage by the
number of gallons' is the best way to calculate it. My computer seems
to read a little high.

In my car I have averaged 22.78 mpg since new, 80% around-town
driving.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA