Old November 15th 05, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Driver Ed

On 2005-11-15, pws > wrote:

> I was disputing this as it is an untrue statement. "Something
> they are doing" includes speeding and driving with expired
> tags, by the way.

Yup, and I've been pulled over for both.

> Now that you are clarifying what you meant, your statement has
> changed.

After the original statement was demonstrated to be false.

>> Next time you are out, take a look at your fellow drivers,
>> they don't seem to get pulled over for eating, applying make
>> up, obtructing the flow of traffic, tailgating, reading,
>> failing to signal lane changes, illegal turns or a host of
>> other offenses.

> I agree with this to an extent, though I have been pulled over
> for failure to signal a lane change.

I've been pulled over for failing to signal a turn (I still say
I did signal). I've also been pulled over for a broken
taillight lens, for accellerating where the speed limit changed
from 25 to 55, and for passing in a no passing zone -- I did
get a (deserved) ticked for that last one.

> I have also seen a person who appeared to get pulled over for
> an illegal turn, though I did not stick around to ask
> questions.

I've also seen people get pulled over for crossing a
double-white line, for illegally using a carpool ramp, and for
running a red light.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I invented skydiving
at in 1989!