Old November 20th 06, 10:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

Default Car stalled at stop sign, now it won't start

On 17 Nov 2006 14:43:49 -0800, "Sami D." >
wrote:

>yeh i talked to an audi mechanic today, he said the same thing. damn,
>and i just bought the effing car.

My grandson had a early 90s Audi (don't recall the model or year).
His heater stopped working. I told him it was his thermostat and it
would cost alot to get it fixed, and since they are down there to
replace it they may as well replace the water pump and the timing
belt. He thought it cost too much, so he didn't have the extra
repairs done. Within two months, I had to go and rescue him on I290;
his timing belt broke and ate all the valves. He got it fixed but it
was never the same.

Today he has a chipped 00 S4, and a 95 A4 that he uses for work. Both
of them have had their belts changed. d;o) His dad drives my old
00A6 4.2 and HAS had the TB changed.

Dave
RS6 (which will have its TB changed under warranty next September)