Old January 24th 06, 08:54 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default TT experiences please

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> My son is thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing a used TT. He
> especially likes the quattro model however, the 4wd (AWD?) is not really
> necessary in our part of the world. He likes it because it looks bad a_ _.
> Looks are no small part of the lure of this car as you know.
>
> Good / bad recommendations?
> Certain years models to avoid?
> Performance difference between the NA and the turbo quattro?
> Reliability issues between NA and Turbo?
>
> great websites?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris
> miatamaniac

I am a recovering MiataManiac that bought an '01 TT used last year. I
love it. There are a couple of niggling little problems that the dealer
has been kind enough to work on, mostly in the fit and finish area.
Currently, the most annoying problem is in the electrical system. The
flasher clicker has a mind of its own, occasionally, but quite
frequently deciding to just click away madly, even when I haven't
selected the turn signal. Once the turn signal is on, though, it works
fine. I have the 225hp quattro coupe from that year. Although I have the
quatrro, I don't really need it, but I make myself think that it helps
me to get around corners faster. And it's fun to drive around with the
windows down and listen to the turbo.

Websites:

http://www.audiworld.com/
http://www.audittcca.com/