Old November 23rd 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Default ?VTI Transmission Experiences in the Vue?

The VTi tranny was pretty much a flop for Saturn. Saturn stopped using this
transmission in the VUE in 2004. All VUEs made in mid-2004 have the
Hydro-Matic transmission since then. Saturn extended the powertrain
warranties to all ORIGINAL VTi owners back in 2006 to cover for any
potential problems. I don't know how long you have had your VUE, but it is
worth looking into by calling Saturn Customer Service.

There have have been many who have actually had good luck with thier VTI
VUEs and IONs, so not all are dogs but as a general rule, I agree to avoid
all early VUES - but ONLY the ones with the VTi transmission, unless you
have a great warranty and a very good mechanic that knows VTi trannys inside
and out. Sounds like you don't, so I would look into another Saturn shop,
even if you have to drive 100 miles to get it fixed.

But please don't flame all VUEs, there are many different models and years,
NOT all are the same.

Last time I checked VTi parts and trannys ARE still available. Your dealer
mechanic was an a$#hole for even suggesting suing his own company - knowing
that there are solutions that Saturn has already provided for people who
bought VTi VUES from Saturn. (if you bought your VUE from a used car lot,
not saturn, then good luck).

Nonetheless, if you have not already I would call Saturn Customer Service
and report this person, see if they can help you.

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>