Old January 3rd 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Default 1990 Honda Accord Idle fluctuation

Paul Jr wrote:
> I finally got around to trying to fix this again. I removed the 2
> screws and sheet metal cover to check the Fast Idle Valve. I didn't
> feel any suction or airflow and couldn't get the idle to settle down
> by covering the valve seat. Thanks for your help Tegger, but I guess
> the Fast Idle Valve is not the culprit. Does anyone else have any
> other suggestions??
>
> Mostco, the coolant is full.

The rad has to be full as well as the reservoir. How full is the
reservoir, just a puddle in the bottom ? ? (that's called empty)

On a 1990 I think the system has to be 'burped' (manually), but it won't
work if there's no coolant in the reservoir to displace the air.

'Curly'