Old October 15th 05, 11:03 AM
Peter

In article >,
says...

> "V "fnugen"" > wrote in message
> . ..

> >> Not sure really, only place I could find it was on the installation file
> >> I DL'ed from ATI, apparently I'm running 5.6.....obviously I'm not
> >> paying as much attention to this stuff I used to
> >>

> >> Beers and cheers
> >> (uncle) Goy
> >>
> >> "When two or more people are gathered together in my name,
> >> they shall perform the Parrot Sketch..."
> >>
> >> --Our Lord John Cleese--

> > I would assume I am on 5.10, as the release date is 9/14/2005. Maybe
> > reverting to an older then?? I have tried the 5.9 and 5.10. I was using
> > the 5.8 before reformat with no problems, but if it is the chip or mobo
> > causing the grief, would be nice to know what the masses are running to
> > get things smooth. RBR runs sweeeeeeet at 1600x1200. BF2 lost a file
> > somehow and can't check it. LFS2 seemed pretty good as well, but as far as
> > grphics go, I get kinda lost with all the options in the menu. I'd like to
> > set everything to as high as can go to try, but not sure what all that
> > stuff really is. It does run smooth, and like RBR, there are a few
> > stutters during replay. All in all............it may be appearing it is a
> > game vs system issue NOT the mobo/cpu. I really kind of hope so, that
> > means all is fine here. Just installed Aquamark3 and will run it shortly
> > as well.
> >
> > I'll be bock !! (use your terminator voice) ok,
> > stupid, sorry
> >
> > Verne
> >

> I guess I got a decent enough score in Aquamark3. But upon further testing,
> it seems that EA games suffer the hit. BF2 is like a major slide show. I
> haven't had the chance to reinstall Sims2 for my kids yet, but it seems
> doubtful it will work. Is there a site that carries archived Cat drivers? I
> have rebooted so many times this last week, a few more attempts with drivers
> will not kill me. Just knowing that somebody has figured this out would be
> so much easier. DAMN !!! Goy, do you have any EA game troubles with your
> chip ??

Does that card require extra power for it to run correctly (normally
using one of the molex connectors)? And have you connected it. First
time I got a card that required this I didn't realise it and, though the
card installed ok, it wouldn't run at anything like its optimum spec
until I realised my mistake.

--
Pete Ives