Old December 2nd 09, 09:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roy[_2_]

Default How good of a deal do you think this is : 1999 Built Viper for my near stock 2006 C6 Vette ?

" > wrote in message
On Dec 2, 1:07 pm, "Roy" > wrote:
> " > wrote in message

> On Dec 2, 10:40 am, "Roy" > wrote:
>

> > " > wrote in message

> > > His Viper is a 1999 built 510 cid stroker with Paxton Supercharger
> > > with 10 k miles on it. 896 rwhp at 15 lbs boost using Methanol. Mine
> > > is a 2006 LS2 with Headers/cats/x/ 3" pipes with Blackhawk intake , 6
> > > speed manual. both vehicles are in near mint condition. He wants my
> > > vette plus $25,000 cash . How good of a deal do you think this is ?
> > > Drawbacks to such a Viper ? Aside from your loyalty to Corvette,
> > > would YOU give this some serious consideration if you had the
> > > discretionary funds ? Thanks for your opinions.

> > I'd walk. Figure your car is worth 20-25K depending on condition and
> > market.hs
> > Going high 50K is what he wants you to give him for a 9 year hot rod
> > that
> > you don't know how badly it has been beat.

> He said its been to the track 3 or 4 times , doesnt have a cage in
> it, and ran 9.5 seconds on just the motor with slicks. Ran 6.05 in
> the 8th . It may be 10 years old but its practically brand new withp
> 10 k miles.
>
> Call it whatever you want. It is a 10 year old car that has been modded,
> end
> of story. If you want to give him your car and 25 grand by all means do
> it.
> The only one that has to be happy is you.
>
> One other thing you might want think about. If you were so sure it was a
> good deal, you would have already pulled the trigger. A little doubt
> before
> the purchase usually turns into a big disappointment after the deal goes
> down imo.- Hide quoted text -

I never said it was a good deal...I was asking if it was ; I dont
pull the trigger right away on something like this -- I research it by
asking for opinions first then research it some more. I have a
feeling though that this Forum operates on an apriori-philosophical
bias so I need to go elsewhere for a more unbiased appraisal . And
now...ill give answer to Dads long awaited guff. Cya.

You asked a question, it was answered, you just don't like the answer.

You couldn't recieve a more unbiased answer. I don't give a damn whether
you do the deal or not.