Old November 20th 09, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty

Default Corvette Storage

--

My one year old 2006 convertible got mice trapped in the trunk over the
winter and they stunk the car up horrendously.

After getting the car cleaned and getting the stink out of it, I asked
the same question on another newsgroup and was told that moth balls
were a good way to keep the mice away. I used them last winter and they
made a stink much much worse than the dead mouse the prior winter. I
had to rent a ozone generator twice, shampood the carpets several
times, washed down all the rubber and plastic and leather with many
detergents, and the moth ball smell still persisted. It took nearly 4
months to get the car aired out and fresh again.

This winter I am using Irish Spring soap, recommended by some car
detailing folks. It is a strong smell but apparently not offensive. I
will know better in the Spring how well it works out, Others have
suggested cedar wood chips / shavings.....