Old February 19th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jazz_Azz

Default 2008 and Premium Gas

On Feb 18, 7:54 pm, pws > wrote:
> S K wrote:
> > I was never debating better milage because of a tank being near empty.
> > It is just simple math, a nearly 13 gal tank (12.8) in my 2000. So on a
> > highway trip, easily getting 30 MPG 30 X 13 = 390, case closed. And like
> > I said, I plan to stop and get gas as I get near that figure.

> It wasn't quite that simple the first time.
>
> First you told us that the car takes 32 gallons to go a mile, and then
> you said that it gets 390 miles to the gallon.
>
> It just seemed to be a fairly wide variation there. ;-)
>
> Pat

Hey what can I say, my typing fingers must be getting ahead of my
brain. Last trip to the central Calif. coast, gave me a round trip of
32 Miles per gallon. AND we came back up highway 1, from Cambria, a
real BEAUTIFUL trip. And didn't take all that much longer than the
freeway route we took down, cause once you take the offramp from 101
to get over to Cambria's coast, that road takes pert near 45 minutes
alone.