Old January 21st 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Police chase BMW, driver later LLB's on interstate

Dave Stone <n> wrote in :

> On Foxnews they just had a heli following a BMW in a police pursuit
> (Texas?). About a minute after I turned it on, they said the police
> (cars) chose not to continue the chase. The heli still continued to
> monitor the BMW as it seemed to slow down, at least compared to the
> other drivers around on the interstate.

Apparently the BMW driver later tried to take an entrance ramp the wrong
way and crashed into someone else. He was trapped in the car and the cops
had to remove him via sunroof. There's a video of the accident in the
linked story (Realplayer). A Houston cop was ****ed after they called off
the chase, and had to turn his badge in after criticizing the HPD.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1220159.shtml