Old November 28th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
McMahon

Default Can you id this part?

> If it merely records GPS data, calibration would be irrelevant. E.g.,
> OnStar knows where you are, all the time; calculating speed from its
> stored data is trivial. Ditto for any powered-up satnav receiver.

Oh yes. 'If' - the assumption conjunction.

Calculating speed from "stored data" may be trivial to some, but if you're
charged with a felony, that calculation would be fateful, don't you think?

And we are ruled by dangerously silly people.

Bertrand Russell, Noble prize, mathematics, 'The Null Set' 1923:

"The infliction of cruelty is a delight to moralists, that is why they
invented hell."

--
SM