Old December 13th 13, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
harry k

Default Slower traffic: keep one lane left of the right lane

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:53:57 PM UTC-8, M.A. Stewart wrote:

> All lanes left of the right lane are for passing. If you're in them and
> not passing... YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!!!

Even if all lanes are full and you are only driving through? I5 in the Seattle metro area is so jammed you pick the lane best for your travel, keep up with whatever the traffic is in that lane and pray you can find a gap if you need to change lanes. Same is true in Spokane. basically 3-4 lanes all traveling about the same speed and all full. Right lane is a nightmare with exit/entrance every 1/2 mile.

One size does not fit all.

Harry K